Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:58:15 -0500

On Sunday 05 December 2004 16:45, Milan wrote:
> Christian, do you have and idea about how to allow finding *all*
> information about a file from its only descriptor for future versions ?

Adding the URI as a keyword should do it.  Then you can do a keyword search
for the URI and find the meta-data.

> Do libextractor will have a function to get keywords in UTF-8 format, or
> should I tell my code to convert them?

LE (0.4 or whatever) will only return them in UTF-8 format, nothing else.  So
clients should only have to convert them for the console or their graphics
toolkit (if those use something other than UTF-8).

> I think I will code for 0.8 and
> 0.4 more than for 0.6.x. Note that I can help you to make the feature if
> you want so, although I don't know very well libextractor.

That would be great.  It essentially should boil down to changing configure to
link against libiconv and going through all of the plugins, converting to
UTF-8 as needed (which will mean to look at the format specs to figure out
what the encoding is supposed to be (if specified) or to have some heuristics
to guess what the encoding is).

The LE specific part should be trivial, it should really boil down to adding
calls to libiconv in the right places.