[GNUnet-developers] MacOS X & other stuff

From: Jussi Eloranta
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] MacOS X & other stuff
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:51:34 +0200

Hi,

Recently somebody asked about a problem with gnunet and macos x. Gnunetd was complaining that something went wrong in semaphore.c. I was able to reproduce the problem and noticed that some of the test programs gave that message as well but everything went OK otherwise (e.g. make check succeeded). After looking at one of the test programs I noticed that the problem was that cron_handler never got initialized to any non-zero value in util/cron.c and that PTHREAD_KILL was trying to killl something that did exist. I believe all *BSD systems should give the same message but not Linux since it just silently ignores this situation. Shouldn't cron_handle be initialized properly or am I missing something?

Few other things with the CVS version from yesterday:

1) Both Extractor and gnunet define symbol OPEN and the macos X linker chokes on this. 2) Extractor Makefile in src/plugins/ole2 have the following lines after configure:

# Ok, linking this one is complicated, see Mantis #787.
libextractor_ole2_la_LDFLAGS = \
 -Wl,-Bstatic -Wl,-lgobject-2.0 -Wl,-lglib-2.0 -Wl,-Bdynamic \
 -Wl,-Bsymbolic -avoid-version -module

On systems with non-gnu ld (like macos x) this will not work. Just setting this to empty seems to work.
What is this "hack" anyway?

Best regards,

Jussi Eloranta