Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet with embedded mysql?

From: Jussi Eloranta
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet with embedded mysql?
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:18:24 +0200

Howdy,

On 3 Feb 2005, at 09:07, Christian Grothoff wrote:
I think I would like this as an option; after all, with the sqlite stuff we're heading in the same direction. For the moment I have other priorities (and I believe Igor also will probably first want to get mysql to work at all (for 0.7.0)). But if you know how to do it with 0.6.x without changing much of the code, a patch would be appreciated (especially if we can avoid all of the
server configuration that is required with the current solution).

Well, I was just suggesting that it might be a good option. It would probably be
quite easy to implement (by looking at the mysql docs)?

I agree that you probably should not allocate too much of your time for the 0.6 branch.

I have another question. What is the status of gnunet-setup? I noticed that it is essentially the linux kernel configurator with small modifications. Is the plan to further improve gnunet-setup? Also I wonder if it would be a good idea to have config files in XML format ? On the other hand emacs/vi people would not probably like this... But then it would be trivial to configure gnunet by
just using an xml editor.

Regards,

Jussi Eloranta