Re: [GNUnet-developers] 0.7 problems or errors

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] 0.7 problems or errors
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:25:15 -0500

On Thursday 30 June 2005 06:07 am, Milan wrote:
> First of all, I got an error typing 'make install' for gnunet-gtk.
> mkinstalldirs was containing at his beginning (line 4) some "<<< mine"
> and other strange stuff on about 5 lines. I deleted it and the install
> ran well. Maybe a problem due to several ./configure && make && make
> install processes.

No idea.  Which codebase did you use anyway?

> I wanted to try the new nice gui to configure gnunet, but I got this :
>
> address@hidden gnunet-setup gtk-wizard -c /etc/gnunetd.conf
> jun 30 12:50:32 Configuration file must specify a directory for
> GNUnet to store per-peer data under GNUNET\GNUNET_HOME.
> Aborting
>
> My /etc/gnunetd.conf file was automatically created by gnunetd, so it
> must be good. I don't understand the problem here... ;-)

I tink the problem is that gnunet-setup does not expect to read gnunetd.conf
but gnunet.conf (the _user_ configuration file). Just try without -c.

> I also wanted to know how I can help translating gnunet and/or
> gnunet-gtk to French. Tell me what I have to do and I will.

Anyone who want to help with translations should go here:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=GNUnet

This is a central site for gettext translations and the site distributes the
translation work into per-language translation teams.  Anyone can join these
teams!  So if you want to help translate, go there and follow the process
described on their webpage.  This should avoid duplication of effort.

> I was thinking we could change the name of gnunet-gtk to something more
> understandable to the end-user. Gnome recommends to present programs in
> the menus in the form "Program name Program function " : for example
> "Epiphany Web browser". We could choose something like "GNUnet
> anonymous peer-to-peer network". The binary could be named gnunet-gtk, but
> the user should only see that he's using GNUnet (via the GTK+ interface or
> whatever, it doesn't matter).

Well, that is certainly a possibility, but what the menus look like is left to
the distributions anyway, so contact your favorite package
maintainer(s).  :-)