Re: [GNUnet-developers] 0.7 problems or errors

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] 0.7 problems or errors
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:33:54 +0200

Le jeudi 30 juin 2005 à 07:25 -0500, Christian Grothoff a écrit :
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 06:07 am, Milan wrote:
> > First of all, I got an error typing 'make install' for gnunet-gtk.
> > mkinstalldirs was containing at his beginning (line 4) some "<<< mine"
> > and other strange stuff on about 5 lines. I deleted it and the install
> > ran well. Maybe a problem due to several ./configure && make && make
> > install processes.
>
> No idea.  Which codebase did you use anyway?
0.7-pre3
I don't really know when it occurs, I'll try again in several ways.

> I tink the problem is that gnunet-setup does not expect to read gnunetd.conf
> but gnunet.conf (the _user_ configuration file). Just try without -c.
Yeah I resolved the issue by copying gnunet.user to ~/.gnunet/gnunet.conf.
Maybe the error message could precise that the *user's* conf file is
bad, not the server's. Also, couldn't all gnunet-* tools ask to write a
generic config file if needed ? Many user will have an old or missing
config file and won't understand the problem.

> > I was thinking we could change the name of gnunet-gtk to something more
> > understandable to the end-user. Gnome recommends to present programs in
> > the menus in the form "Program name Program function " : for example
> > "Epiphany Web browser". We could choose something like "GNUnet
> > anonymous peer-to-peer network". The binary could be named gnunet-gtk, but
> > the user should only see that he's using GNUnet (via the GTK+ interface or
> > whatever, it doesn't matter).
>
> Well, that is certainly a possibility, but what the menus look like is left
> the distributions anyway, so contact your favorite package
> maintainer(s).  :-)
I will do so, but the title bar of the main window should contain a text
more user-friendly than "gnunet-gtk".

--
Milan
:-:-:-:

"Libérez-vous des systèmes propriétaires... Passez à GNU/Linux"
{ www.gnu.org/home.fr.html --- www.lea-linux.org/intro/ }