[GNUnet-developers] CPU usage issues

From: Milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] CPU usage issues
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:47:02 +0200

I noticed (still on my 200Mhz box) that making a search uses much CPU,
and makes the hard disk work hard for a long time. When I start a
search, my outbound and inbound traffic fall to 0 or so. I need to wait
between 20 sec and 5 min to get all the results I had already stored on
my database, and then I get other results.

The problem is that while the search is made, my downloads are paused,
and I can't get many results because my node doesn't communicate with
others because the CPU usage is too high. I may be good to share CPU
allowed to GNUnet in two parts, one for the communication to other
nodes, and another to make the search (I guess searching in the local
database is the costing operation).

Do you think this would be possible, and is there another idea to
correct this ? Is there a bug which makes GNUnet use too much CPU ?

Apart of that, GNUnet is running well, and there is much more content
now than before, files can be downloaded at a reasonable rate... This is
great !

Thanks