[GNUnet-developers] Pause/Resume makes results show up

From: Milan Bouchet-Valat
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Pause/Resume makes results show up
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:11:53 +0100

If you trigger pause and then resume on a search (in gnunet-gtk) that
seem to have reported all available results, new entries suddenly show
up. It's like gnunetd sends again the query trough the network. But this
can occur with results that already been seen, so maybe there's
something more complex behind this. This behovior can be major, since
more than half of the results can appear after doing that, and else
would have stayed hidden.

I think we can agree this behavior is really bad. I've already took the
habit of pause/resume several times to get more results, which is not
the intended use of this feature! (or we may need a "Respawn search"
button too.)

Search was greatly improved in 0.8.0, but it looks like we can make it
better. Do you think this is a simple mechanism to correct, or is there
a real bug, i.e. a tricky situation that has to be investigated?

Cheers