[GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] OS X gui

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] OS X gui
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:00:07 +0100

Hi!

First, I should mention that there is already an effort to write a COCOA
frontend (https://ng.gnunet.org/svn/gnunet-cocoa/).  It has never been
released (AFAIK), and I do not know how far along the code is.  My impression
is that help would be rather welcome (and I do not recall if the original
vision was to do an installer or a file-sharing GUI or both).

Second, yes, there is an API.  Now, there is the "old" 0.8.x API
(src/include/gnunet_ecrs_lib.h and gnunet_fsui_lib.h mostly), and there will
be a new API for 0.9.x (svn/gnunet/src/include/gnunet_fs_service.h).  Both
have some stuff in common, but the 0.9.x-API should be both more powerful and
easier to use. OTOH, 0.9.x is only partially implemented, so it would not be
as straightforward to test your code right now.

Finally, I think the mailinglist for development issues is gnunet-
address@hidden; help-gnunet is more for user-issues.  I've cc'ed Heikki
Lindholm, the author of gnunet-cocoa.

Best,

Christian