[GNUnet-developers] [Gsoc 2015] Project proposal on GNUnet-over-ICMP

From: Yuzhong Wen
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] [Gsoc 2015] Project proposal on GNUnet-over-ICMP
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:20:52 -0500

Hi all,

My name is Yuzhong Wen and I’d like to participate with a project for GNUNet at Gsoc.

So from the idea page I saw that GNUNet is going to implement multiple transport services support, so my idea is to build a transport service which is based on ICMP. Specifically, I want to build something like a Ping-tunnel between 2 peers. This could be useful in the situation that the firewall has blocked transport layer protocols (like a firewall blocks most of the UDP and TCP connections using a white list policy) and only allows ICMP packets to passthrough the gateway.

I just submitted the proposal, however I’m not sure if this idea is viable in current GNUNet design since right now I’m still trying to understand the architecutre of GNUNet. Is there a mentor that can give me some advises on that? Thanks!

Here’s the link to my proposal, should be accessable by organization members.

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/student/google/gsoc2015/ywen/5629499534213120

———

Best regards,

Wen