Re: [GNUnet-developers] packaging GNUnet for OpenWrt

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] packaging GNUnet for OpenWrt
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 08:07:07 +0200

Sorry for the break of thread, the HTML view doesn't show the
Message-Id for me to refer to.

I was thinking of writing up an ebuild recipe for gentoo, that would
have a whole lot in common with Daniel's excellent openwrt Makefile.
To avoid further duplication I can imagine it would be practical if
the gnunet build process was capable of making smaller installs by
selection via configure flags. It already has many switches like
--enable-experimental and --without-microhttpd but probably could
offer more to fit the new installation use cases... like, why did it
produce gnunet-scrypt, gnunet*template, gnunet-daemon-regexprofiler,
gnunet-helper-transport-wlan-dummy, gnunet-service-dht-* for average
desktop users even?

Man, why haven't I been on this mailing since about 2002?

On the topic of guix using gnunet's file sharing (which is something
I always wanted from distros) I was wondering if psyc's pubsub could
be useful for pushing things instead of pulling them, but I guess
that depends on pubsub actually being available.

Cheers

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using Tor.
  torify telnet loupsycedyglgamf.onion          DON'T SEND ME