[GNUnet-developers] GSoC

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:51:18 +0100

Dear all,

The GSoC application phase is upon us, so the question is which topics
we want to propose with which mentors.

Below is the list from last year, I suggest you e-mail me
additions/removals/deltas you'd like to see and we update the profile
accordingly.

Happy hacking!

Christian

Implementation of additional transports

Implementation of additional transports to make GNUnet communication
more robust in the presence of problematic networks: GNUnet-over-SMTP,
GNUnet-over-DNS

Mentors: Matthias Wachs

Implementation of ALG-based NAT traversal methods

Implementation of ALG-based NAT traversal methods (FTP/SIP-based hole
punching, better STUN support)

Mentors: Matthias Wachs

Integration of the GNU Name System with GnuPG
Mentors: Matthias Wachs, Christian Grothoff, Jeff Burdges

libaboss improvements

Improving libaboss to make computation on shared secrets (including
repeated multiplication) based on Ben-Or et al. if possible. This in
particular means moving libaboss to bignums (gcry_mpi).

Mentors: Krista Grothoff, Jeff Burdges

Implementation of a replacement for PANDA

Implementation of a replacement for PANDA (see Pond) with better
security, and maybe integration with the GNU Name System for key exchange.

Mentors: Jeff Burdges