Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk weirdness and gnunet-setup segfault

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk weirdness and gnunet-setup segfault
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:31:49 +0100

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/17/2016 05:28 PM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just built gnunet-gtk 0.10.1 with GNU Guix and noticed some problems.
>>
>> When running "gnunet-gtk" all I see is five big icons that I can click,
>> but nothing else.  There seems to be something missing.
>
> Hmm.  'gnunet-gtk' tries to internally start gnunet-fs-gtk,
> gnunet-peerinfo-gtk, gnunet-statistics-gtk and other processes. If those
> are somehow not installed/found, that would explain why 'gnunet-gtk'
> looks as it does for you.
>
> So first thing to check is to see if those are built/installed properly
> (they should all also run standalone).
>
>> “gnunet-setup” segfaults when I switch tabs after first clicking on the
>> empty URL dropdown in the “General” tab.
>
> Hmm. That shouldn't be empty in the first place, but this is also a
> rather ancient (2 yo) version. I thought Andreas had packaged a much
> more recent SVN version for GNU Guix. We have not had an URL dropdown in
> the "General" tab for a while now...
>
> Oh, wait. Maybe gnunet-gtk 0.10.1 was packaged against GNUnet (main)
> from SVN HEAD?  That could cause all kinds of new and
> interesting fun.

Are you refering to the tarball 0.10.1 of gnunet and gnunet-gtk
or are you refering to the package used on Guix's side? I try to
dig into the buggy package I delivered with gnunet-gtk, and what
I see is that gnunet-0.10.1 is used as well as the 0.10.1 I
packaged for gnunet-gtk.
For testing purposes I need gnunet lastest svn checkout anyhow,
so a more recent version of gnunet will folow.

>> These are the only
>> gnunet-related executables I have run so far.  I have not configured
>> anything else.
>>
>> I passed these configure flags:
>>
>>     "--without-libunique", "--with-qrencode"
>>
>> At build time the following packages are available:
>>
>>     gnunet       0.10.1
>>     libgcrypt    1.6.3
>>     gtk+         3.18.2
>>     libextractor 1.3
>>     glade        3.18.3
>>     libglade     2.6.4
>>     qrencode     3.4.3
>>     pkg-config   0.28
>>
>> I’m afraid I cannot provide debug information at the moment.

>From my previous packaging at gentoo, I have some more flags to
pass to gnunet-gtk, fingers crossed to get this thing going and
if still failing I can provide more debug info.

> Sure, no need.  0.10.1 is old. But the real question is what the
> specific repository version is?
>
> What do you get for
>
> $ gnunet-arm -v

gnunet-arm v0.10.1 release

> vs.
>
> $ gnunet-gtk -v

I just installed gnunet-gtk:
gnunet-gtk v0.10.1 release

> Ideally, they should show the same number (i.e. I get
> gnunet-arm v0.10.1 svn-r36683M and gnunet-gtk v0.10.1 svn-r36683M).

So, yes they are. The issue might be at some other point I tried
to point out in another email I send.

> I hope this helps a bit!
>
> Christian

thanks,
--
ng
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/~NiAsterisk