Re: [GNUnet-developers] [GSoC] Question on "Rust implementation of GNUne

From: x
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [GSoC] Question on "Rust implementation of GNUnet utils" project
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 22:30:22 +0100

> Promises
> https://github.com/dwrensha/gj
> - Some docs : http://docs.capnproto-rust.org/gj/index.html
> - Just one contributor.  He works at Sandstorm.io
> - Appears similar to GNUNet's scheduler, except for possibly lacking
> timers.

> I still think futures/promises matches the closest the GNUnet code I've seen

GJ is used by Cap'n Proto [1] which would be interesting to have in there,
this would be a reason in favour of GJ.

Cap'n Proto provides serialization with schema evolution and RPC with promises.
It can also be serialized to JSON which would be useful for HTTP APIs.
It has implementations in many languages [2] and also
a very useful wireshark dissector plugin[3] I always wished to have.

[1] https://capnproto.org/
[2] https://capnproto.org/otherlang.html
[3] https://github.com/kaos/wireshark-plugins