Re: [GNUnet-developers] Shepperd service and guixsd declarative configur

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Shepperd service and guixsd declarative configuration of gnunet
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 16:21:46 +0200

Hi Nils,

I don't think it make sense to integrate 'testbed', as that's really for
experiments by researchers and never a system service.

I think / hope all relevant configuration options are reasonably
documented in the conf.d/-files, and AFAIK there are none that are
mutually exclusive in any non-obvious way (obvious way: TCP port won't
be useful if you don't enable TCP).

Most of the "interesting" options you can also manipulate via
'gnunet-setup', but that largely raises the question of how to enable
such a tool the Guix-way. We also plan/hope/want to have a well-working
option "gnunet-setup -a" (maybe to be moved to gnunet-nat") for
automatic configuration of the networking options.  The option exists,
how well it works is another question (eternal work-in-progress).

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Happy hacking!

-Christian