Re: [GNUnet-developers] Lines of Codes

From: Martin Schanzenbach
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Lines of Codes
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:44:40 +0200

Hi,

You can use sloccount for things like that:

Totals grouped by language (dominant language first):
ansic:       332089 (99.38%)
sh:            1594 (0.48%)
python:         479 (0.14%)

If I look into the Makfiles the testing and experimental stuff
comprises ~10%:

 SLOC   Directory       SLOC-by-Language (Sorted)
18860   testbed         ansic=18860
5029    rps             ansic=5029
2867    consensus       ansic=2794,python=73
2707    dv              ansic=2707
2265    secretsharing   ansic=2265
1858    testing         ansic=1858

Totals grouped by language (dominant language first):
ansic:        33513 (99.78%)
python:          73 (0.22%)

I would assume auditing all of this would be quite expensive. But only
taking the LOC into account will probably not give you a reasonable
estimate anyway. The system complexity and feature set is also quite
high.

- Martin