Re: [GNUnet-developers] Moving to Git

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Moving to Git
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 09:28:15 +0000

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I've just finished migrating the (active) GNUnet Subversion repositories
> to Git.  You should be able to

Great :)

> $ git clone git://gnunet.org/$REPONAME # read-only, insecure
> $ git clone https://gnunet.org/git/$REPONAME # read-only, secure
> $ git clone git+ssh://address@hidden/$REPONAME # dev-only

regarding cert issues, git has the environment variable
"GIT_SSL_CAINFO", which is normally handled by the system without
user action unless you run Guix (and possibly also on Nix).

So, yes it works for me.

> The Web interface to the repos is now at
>       https://gnunet.org/git/
>

> If you used to have write access, you probably "lost" it because the
> authentication method changed to SSH.  To regain write access, you need
> to simply e-mail Jeff Burdges, Florian Dold, Gabor Toth or me (all in
> CC) your SSH public key (preferably in an encrypted, GnuPG signed e-mail).
>
> Please note that from now on, Git commits must be GnuPG signed (for
> example, using "git commit -S") and will continue to be automatically
> e-mailed to the address@hidden mailinglist.

I have a question regarding OpenPG signed commits:
With Guix, there were some problems for the strict hooks on
savannah.gnu.org when we switched to this. Did you sign all the
past commits when you moved subversion to git, or is the git host
of gnunet.org less strict about past unsigned commits?

Later this week I will send my openssh pub key to you, but as not
all keyservers are on sks 1.1.6, you must rely on my profile on
gnunet.org and the url in my signature to retrive the key from 2
independent sources (There's an rsa key, but I only use this for
people with slow systems who are still stuck on who knows what
libgcrypt/gnupg versions).