Re: [GNUnet-developers] New comparison: Broken vs GNU Internet

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] New comparison: Broken vs GNU Internet
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 23:34:47 +0100

Hello eternal traveller!

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 10:59:53AM +0100, hellekin wrote:
> On 12/01/2016 07:27 PM, carlo von lynX wrote:
> >
> >     http://secushare.cheettyiapsyciew.onion/broken-internet
>
> Nice.  Why is faceboogle yellow?  Is that to say it's compatible or
> something?  I see both colors in column one and two, which I find confusing.

Yellow is the color of existing "stable" items.
Pink are missing ones.
Cyan are underused ones.
Green are unfinished/buggy ones.

> Not sure about the girlfriends example on the federation page though.  I
> like to think the topic of health provides a much better argument for
> privacy than sex, with no gender nor ideological friction.

Yeah, that part can also be removed because in theory one could
make a federated system that indeed encrypts everything before
it goes to the servers. In fact it's a bit odd nobody tried a
multiparty encrypted federated social network - if metadata was
none of my concern, that would be the thing to do.

Alright, I removed the whole paragraph. Now the page feels
a bit thin, so if you have criticism that specifically applies
to the federation architecture, feel free to put it in.
You have a copy of the repo, right?

> > oh, i also made an attempt at a new logo for TALER, but it
> > probably needs more work: https://symlynx.com/files/taler/
>
> Oh, so TALER is about cycling? :]

Guess I would try a different T in a second go, but the
feedback I got sounded more like we'd rather keep it
nerdy style, so I don't bother. In the meantime I should
ask around bike shops if they want to have that logo...
I wasn't thinking of a saddle at all, but once somebody
tells you, there is no way to see a "T" in there again...

Still I presume it takes a professional logo to get more attention.
Taler should be in every conversation that mentions bitcoin,
but it looks like a spare time experiment when you see its
logo, website or flyer.

People filter the importance of projects that way. If whatever
you are advertising didn't motivate a visual artist to make it
look good, it doesn't have traction. Doesn't even matter if it
looks interesting or boring as long as it looks professional.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/