Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNS domains

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNS domains
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:21:10 +0100

On 02/18/2017 04:45 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I think it would be ideal if we didn't just "have" the domains, but if
> we had someone running an FCFS (or other policy) registration service
> for GNS there, and possibly a dns2gns bridge, as you envisioned.  So if
> we had volunteers that could envision doing so in the future, I'd say
> that's a good reason to retain the domains.  So anyone here who has
> plans of becoming a public service registrar for the GNU Name System?

If you need such a service, then GNUnet e.V. should take the domains.
Whoever is going to run the service should be technical contact, not
registrant nor administrative contact. I.e., asking to volunteers to
take charge of the domains is a bit abusive, as they're already giving
their attention.

That said, throwing money at DNS rent might not be the best option to
support a post-DNS project :)

==
hk