[GNUnet-developers] [GSoC 2017]: Rust APIs for GNUnet services

From: Saurav Sachidanand
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] [GSoC 2017]: Rust APIs for GNUnet services
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:50:06 +0000

Hi all,

I'm a CS sophomore studying in India. I've been programming in Rust
for more than year now with some personal projects in it and a few
patches to Servo (github.com/saurvs). I noticed that improving
gnunet-rs is listed as a project for GSoC this year. I am interested
in working on this project and on GNUnet in general. So I've been in
contact with Jeffrey Burdges for about a month discussing what we
could work on.

Part of the project would converting the existing gjio API in
gnunet-rs to the tokio stack, the subsequent part would be adding
bindings for other gnunet subsystems. I wanted to ask everyone in the
community which subsystems they'd like to see added to gnunet-rs.
Currently peerinfo is supported. Jeff and I were interested in DHT and
Peerstore.

Thanks,
Saurav