Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor: meta-type for narinfo?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor: meta-type for narinfo?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:10:44 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 29K bytes:
> On 09/14/2017 02:41 PM, ng0 wrote:
> > Hi Christian and LRN.
> >
> > I'm going through `gnunet-guile` at the moment
> > to understand and improve it.
> > I just found this comment in it (with context):
> >
> > ```
> > (define metadata-type-alist
> >   '((#:filename          .   2)
> >     (#:publication-date  .  24)
> >     (#:unknown           .  45)
> >     (#:original-filename . 180)
> >     ;; temporary until the right meta-type is added to libextractor
> >     (#:narinfo           . 230)))
> >
> > ```
> >
> > Read gnu/gnunet/container/metadata.scm in 'gnunet-guile'
> > on our git server if you need more context.
> >
> > This is work mainly from GSoC 2015.
> > Has a meta-type (?) for narinfo been added to
> > libextractor since then?
> > If not, what's needed to get it in?
>
> Well, it's an enum value, so first a trivial patch to extractor.h, plus
> a human-readable textual description in src/main/extractor_metatypes.c
> of what "narinfo" is about.

Okay, thanks.
I'll see what I can come up with as soon as I can
work on it.

> I'm confused by the choice of 230, the next
> free value is 229, and we should not leave holes.  So unless
> compatibility is an issue, the value should probably be changed to 229.

As far as I could see, and given that this application
(gnunet-guile) is currently not in use anywhere there's
no compability to consider. I changed it to 229.

--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588