[GNUnet-developers] Documentation Issues: Texinfo building behavior diff

From: ng0
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Documentation Issues: Texinfo building behavior differs between systems (please take initiative!)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:26:12 +0000

Hi,

in the last weeks one person using Debian and at least one person using
Gentoo complained about the documentation not being able to build because
of fatal crashes. Note that this didn't happen on GuixSD for me, so I
never pushed anything that was knowingly "broken", builds succeeded.

I'd be curious to ask where the origin of the problems on other systems lie,
but I stopped bothering about systems that can not be debugged reliable,
I'd be spending too much time to replicate the environment the reporter
had without ever getting to an 1:1 copy. Too much time I don't have at the
moment, but I'm still curious.

Now what I want is people to take initiative. If you run into a problem
with the documentation, fix it. Even if you only fix part of the problem
or just a tiny fraction. I know, documentation isn't your favorite topic to
deal with but any fix helps big time. If you have questions about the layout
or anything, consult the GNU Texinfo documentation and read the notes I
provided in the file 'doc/README'.
So far this is build with Texinfo 6.5 and Texlive 2017 (the complete
distribution)
and other software that can be found in 'contrib/packages/guix/guix-env.scm' and
'contrib/packages/guix/gnunet-doc.scm'.
You can just commit if you have commit rights, git allows us to just roll back
what didn't work out so well for other systems.

Happy hacking
(and send patches)
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588