Re: [GNUnet-developers] Troubleshooting CADET

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Troubleshooting CADET
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:18:39 +0200

Hi,

to clarify: having a (public) git hostlist server makes little sense because
git can break compatibility at any time (better: with every commit).
Maybe if we had a system like other projects where we branch the development
off to another branch and "freeze" the protocol in master or a release
candidate branch this would be reasonable.
But a "git head"-hostlist server is bound to advertise all kinds of
incompatible peers. Inherently.

=> Better test git head/master in a local/dedicated testbed tied to the head
revision or your respective branch or you will get undefined results.
=> GNUnet has a testbed built-in (I never used it though)

BR