Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 09:12:53 +0000

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, we do of course take initiative applications.  Your suggestion is
> generally great, not sure 2.7 is the right choice (3.x?) or whether this
> is a "full summer" project, but that's something we can discuss if/when
> you decide to go for it.

2.7 only came to my mind because:
* 2.7 is still supported for 2 years
* After those 2 years, no distro will magically drop 2.7 because
  there's still lots of legacy modules and applications using
  2.7. I'm not sure about other Operating Systems though.
* Dual 2.7 + 3.x support is doable but we'd have to evaluate if
  we really need it (as far as I know, 3.x is on every system
  available). You seemed a bit reserved about going full
  3.x a while back

What's the expected time to be spend per week on the project?

We have other bugs open, maybe I bring myself up to date on
those.
GSoC is a bit fuzzy on what's "good enough" and what not, if you
compare for example GNU Guix and the projects Debian or FreeBSD
offer.