[GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 12:33:33 +0000

I would like to replace our use of /tmp in the source repository
with $TMPDIR.

Before I go ahead and try:

* Is that portable to at least POSIX compliant systems?
* (future issue) Will this affect the (so far just planned) work for better MS
Windows integration?
* Is there a particular reasons why you picked /tmp instead of $TMPDIR?

For the first 2 questions I can search myself but would welcome replies.
The third question is what I'm really interested in.

Thanks