Re: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 12:40:07 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 3.3K bytes:
> Hi Nils,
>
> You are aware of src/util/disk.c, where we do use $TMPDIR (with fallback
> to $TMP, $TEMP and finally /tmp) via GNUNET_DISK_mkdtemp() and
> GNUNET_DISK_mktemp() already?
>
> Naturally, there may be places in the code that don't use this, but they
> should ;-).

I grepped for "/tmp" in "src" and a not so small number of files was returned,
which is why I asked.
I didn't check the context in the files so far, but it is correct that I
should use something similar to what is being used in src/util/disc.c when
it's not already the case?