Re: [GNUnet-developers] website and logo rework

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] website and logo rework
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 20:34:40 +0200

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 04:45:06PM +0200, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I think this is the time where I have to disclose a major unfortunate
> development (but which may be resolved soon without too much drama).

So how did it end?

> Thus, I think that choosing a logo that may remotely resemble a letter
> is dangerous in today's world, and while the proposed logo is nice, it
> is too close to a "V" (and one of the more extreme legal advice we got

I would suggest to make the head of the gnu more round. There is
no letter in the alphabet which is round like an 'o' but has two
horns on top.

Yes, the logo is fine by itself - especially on the website where
the name is already in the location bar. But it is also good to
have a variant with text whenever it makes sense to have. It may
make sense to put the parts of the word vertically as in

        GNU
        NET

and it may make sense to look into completely different styles
of free fonts, the bolder and decorative rather than the plain
reading ones.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/