Re: [GNUnet-developers] license clarification webui

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] license clarification webui
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:13:14 +0200

Hi Phil,

Generated files shouldn't be in Git in the first place, and don't need a
license (the source code that is used to generate the files should have
one, though).

For "foreign" code, you must state the license of the foreign code (and
where you got it from); it should always be OK to prepend the existing
code with a header stating the origin and the original license.  You
must make sure such foreign code is (A)GPL compatible.

If your changes to the foreign code are non-trivial, you may
additionally want to add (to the header) that your changes are under a
different license (such as AGPL).  Even for trivial changes, the header
should include an indication that you did make changes.

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!

Christian