Re: [GNUnet-developers] EcDSA signature scheme

From: Bernd Fix
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] EcDSA signature scheme
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:26:44 +0000

I think that most problems mentioned in my previous post originate in
the '#define CURVE "Ed25519"' statement at curve_ecc.c:37. All key
parameter definitions (EdDSA, ECDSA and ECDHE) use that value leading to
the described problems. I think that the curve key parameter needs to be
set individually for each purpose.

I have created a new branch "new_crypto" to collect the changes I see
fit for the EC crypto stuff. I hope to be able to push it later today
(if not, I will not be able to do so before next Wednesday).

As more changes in crypto are pending (iirc it was mentioned that the
timestamp will be removed from the HMAC computation), we could collect
these changes in that new branch.

Any suggestions or comments?