Re: [GNUnet-developers] EcDSA signature scheme

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] EcDSA signature scheme
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 23:33:29 +0200

This does not sound like a great idea, largely because the PQ algorithms
are all a bit new and not nearly as well understood as classical crypto.
A sane PQ implementation should _combine_ classical and PQ crypto, i.e.
sign/verify with both types of algorithms and for encryption use two
types of KX algorithms and then HKDF the results together.  As they are
not doing that (at least nothing in their documentation suggests this),
I would advise to stay away.

Also, as far as GNUnet is concerned, Jeff is planning on putting some PQ
crypto into the Lake design, and I'm don't see an urgent need to deploy
PQ elsewhere yet. But having good PQ crypto primitive implementations
out there would definitively be a good thing, but I'm not sure codecrypt
is where I'd look. ;-)