Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 19:17:14 +0000

address@hidden transcribed 1.9K bytes:
> Thanks!
>
> Christian Grothoff transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> > On 1/24/19 12:46 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> > > About one year ago we released the first release candidate for 0.11.
> > >
> > > Since no OS will ship release candidates in their official repositories,
> > > and I am working on support for another cross-system package manager
> > > (pkgsrc),
> > > and we can't expect people to have a good experience with 0.10.1
> > > and backporting patches is not recommended for downstream package
> > > managers,
> > > my question is:
> > >
> > > What's the hold-up for either the next release candidate or a proper
> > > release?
> > > I've read the remaining bugs filed on the bugtracker. What's missing?
> >
> > The stuff from the bugtracker, which you said you read. They involve
> >
> > * "finishing" the Web site migration (server setup, documentation),
>
> Okay, since I have been mostly handling the website before and the initial
> tickets for it came from myself, I will work on finishing the website.
> It should be mostly ready as Devan wrote (people are already using the
> tutorials!), but there's lots of proofreading left. Personally I want
> a shorter explanation for the /gnurl page as it was never very clear
> and too long (maybe just too long). pkgsrc gave me some input on it.

Which brings me back to something we talked about in the last couple of
years: news entries.

I consider https://gnunet.org/node/2670 to be worth replicating on
the new website, as well as all posts which aren't personal/guides/or
otherwise worthy to be moved to FAQ or misc documentation.

I will proceed with this for now.