Re: [GNUnet-developers] about gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] about gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 23:41:15 +0000

address@hidden transcribed 647 bytes:
> Fixing up a man page for gnunet-gns-proxy-ca to get rid of the
> symlink I looked at the code again.
>
> It seems as if the self-documenting output is a bit misleading
> for people using it, or should be expanded.
>
> gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca works without passing an option argument.
> If we do, "c" is the "-f"/"--filename" of gnunet-config. To keep
> a common vocabulary between the pages and the options, shouldn't
> it be -f for gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca, or am I misunderstanding
> the script?

Let's try this...

$ gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca ?

[normal run, a cert is generated and installed]

$ gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca -?
Generating CA
Illegal option -?
Invalid option: -

$ gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca -c
Generating CA
No arg for -c option
Invalid option: -

$ gnunet-gns-proxy-setup-ca c

[normal run, a cert is generated and installed]

Whatever we self-document is either too minimal AND/OR wrong.