Re: [GNUnet-developers] clang formatting discussion

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] clang formatting discussion
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:24:54 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 4.3K bytes:
> On 4/18/19 12:40 PM, ng0 wrote:
> > Christian Grothoff transcribed 3.0K bytes:
> >>
> >> On Debian, I have a clang-format-diff-8 that comes with the Debian
> >> package clang-format-8. So I don't think this truly belongs into our
> >> tree; this should simply be a regular external (optional,
> >> developer-only?) dependency (if we actually need it).
> >>

> > We could have it in there, similar to how I bundled checkbashism from
> > Debian as I don't expect everyone to have this available. Those are
> > small scripts.
>
> Sure, but they still don't really belong into our development tree. That

Sorry, but no one was really bothered by the one python script we kept
in source for years. I added checkbashism as a convenience to not add
yet another dependency. I don't really need it (I have it out of tree).
You don't need to install it, as it is a perl script which depends on
nothing but itself, for systems outside of Debian you mostly cherry-pick
it from their sources. It's not available as a one-file thing.