[GNUnet-developers] hypothetical gnurl successor capabilities

From: ng0
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] hypothetical gnurl successor capabilities
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 20:17:05 +0000

Hi,

offlist and sometimes on-list we've been talking over the last
years now and then about the possibility of replacing gnurl.

2 choices were given so far: "let's help curl or wait until
they have fixed what makes gnurl necessary"; ie not a task for
one afternoon, touches many parts of curl", and wget2; which
was found to be comparable to curl at the moment (too big).

But there are more possibilities!
Which capabilities would this hypothetical succesor need
for gnunet and taler?

I'm okay with maintaining gnurl. It's just that every time
I stop ignoring the purely maintenance tasks that I keep
wondering how we could get away from it. Even when it ultimately
would involve starting our own.

Just to kick the idea around, one more time.