Re: [GNUnet-developers] Revive doxygen on gnunet.org

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Revive doxygen on gnunet.org
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 12:19:57 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 3.2K bytes:
> On 7/5/19 8:19 PM, xrs wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to put doxygen again in place. I propose:
> >
> > 0. install a weekly cronjob for user doxygen and do "make full" in the
> >    respective folder.
>
> weekly is excessively slow, daily or hourly would be fine I think.
>
> > 1. Create two URLs
> >    a. https://docs.gnunet.org/handbook/
> >    b. https://docs.gnunet.org/doxygen
> >
> > Is this a good idea? I know it's not precise enough.
>
> I'd prefer to keep the full handbook under docs at the top-level (also
> to avoid breaking links again!), and just do doxygen.gnunet.org for
> doxygen.

This is not what we have talked about in the beginning of the docs
discussion. I don't expect you to remember this, but I think there
are still open tickets which point out that this gathering of
subdomains is a temporary state, and you even agreed that this is
temporary. I mean we can
still redirect with regexp, it's easy. I would like to do what Taler
did and use a docs landing page, and not have 1 new subdomain for
every new feature which is related to text one can read. This will
end up confusing people where to read about this.
If you want the subdomains, the docs.* (or whatever) page can link
to them, but outside of gnunet.org having a central landing page
is good, having one toplevel subdomain for all of this would be
better.