Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Events (was: Re: Today, 8PM CEST (was: R

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Events (was: Re: Today, 8PM CEST (was: Re: [Event-Mumble] Sunday 7th July, 8PM, on mumble gnunet.org))
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 21:15:43 +0000

Marcos Marado transcribed 3.6K bytes:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 10:22 AM sva <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> > >I've tried to collect all the upcoming (planned) events here:
> > >https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet-events
> > >If you have any idea about any place/date/occasion that would be good
> > >meet, please let me know!
>
> I'm biased (these are events I'm planning to go anyway), and not really an
> active part of GNUnet's developers, but there are two events I think would
> be nice for the GNUnet hackers community to piggy back on:
>
> * Ubucon Europe - https://sintra2019.ubucon.org/ , happening 10th-13th
> October in Portugal (Sintra), they're interested in subjects connected to
> Free Software and other things not directly related to Ubuntu, it would be
> a good place to have someone presenting about GNUnet (awareness is always
> great!) and it is a possible place where another of these GNUnet hacking
> events could possibly happen;
> * FOSDEM - probably doesn't need any introduction, I'm actually surprised
> year after year that I don't see anything GNUnet happening there :-) Not
> only there's a distributed systems track where presentations regarding
> GNUnet would no doubt fit in, but they also have a track specific to BoF
> meetings (which can also include hacking sessions).

This is just a matter of developers being there, and the meetings we have
so far are more focused than FOSDEM. The presence at CCC congress is mostly
for the eV meeting, but sometimes there are talks.
The majority, with some exceptions, is based in central europe, so anything
outside of europe is really up to the people having the cash and time/energy
to go there. Not that I'm against it, it's just not really close.
FOSDEM, as I personally experienced it, is loud and noisy, but could be tried
out.