Re: [GNUnet-developers] On applications using GNUnet

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] On applications using GNUnet
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 20:58:21 +0200

Hi,

thanks for the changes. It is a very large pull request, too big to merge in
one swoop.
However, there are some things that might be useful. Others we should talk
about:

0. Is there a reason you include the new header into every single C file? There
does not seem to be
a need for that in most cases.

1. If you want to build an application, even if it is "just" a CLI you need to
decide if
you want to add it to the GNUnet tree or build it externally. As you said you
tried to
build it externally first, but the PREFIX/lib location situation on gentoo
makes this difficult?
If yes, we should try to address this problem first.
You can specify the libdir and libexec using configure, e.g.:

./configure --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 --libdir=/usr/lib64

2. When 1. is fixed, the change/addition you made to getopt makes sense and we
should try to
slim a patch/changeset down to just that.

3. If you still want to build your application in the tree, then the changes to
the gnunet
help output in 1. and 2. are not necessary (as it will be GNUnet after all).
Unless you choose to for in which case just replace/hardcode your
 contact details. It would not make sense to report bugs of your fork to GNUnet
anyway.

I guess first we need to decide if you want to go with 1+2 or 3.
Hope this helps?

BR
Martin