Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-go: Milestone #1 reached

From: Bernd Fix
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-go: Milestone #1 reached
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 07:38:26 +0000

On 9/18/19 11:53 PM, Devan Carpenter wrote:
> Thank you for all the work you've put into this. This is really
> impressive to see, and I believe it's an important milestone not only
> for the Go implementation, but for the whole GNUnet project as well.

Thank you for your kind words, but where you see a break-through, I see
open ends and issues - but at least it can do what it is supposed to do
at the moment.

>> * Do name resolution with the Go-based GNS service:
>>   $ gnunet-gns -t ANY -u myname.myzone -c gnunet-go.conf
>
> I built and ran the service and it worked as expected!
>
> I used Go 1.12 by the way, and didn't experience any issues.

The dependency on the Go version I recommended (1.13) is not as strict
as it may appear; it might even work swiftly on much older versions too.

I only checked with the reference implementation of Go, but maybe
someone want to try to get it to work with GNU's gccgo.

Cheers, Bernd.