Re: [GNUnet-developers] Make "gnunet-arm -e" not hang

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Make "gnunet-arm -e" not hang
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 12:41:16 +0200

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> If you get the "GNUNET_CLIENT_test()" symbol undefined, then somehow
> you're not linking against the 'right' (latest) libgnunetutil. Maybe you
> have two installations on your system, and the linker finds the wrong
> one? Please make sure you only have one libgnunetutil installed, then
> this should work.

Yes, it seems that during the update some symlinks were not updated
properly, so some of them were still pointing to the old version of the
library.  Needless to say, my attempts at fixing it only made it worse.

After uninstalling GNUnet and deleting the leftover files, everything
works fine: "gnunet-arm -e" correctly reports that GNUnet is not running
and I could even use the new function to check if my own service was
running or not (it is not started by ARM.)

Thanks,
A.V.