Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Events (was: Re: Today, 8PM CEST (was: Re

From: Marcos Marado
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Events (was: Re: Today, 8PM CEST (was: Re: [Event-Mumble] Sunday 7th July, 8PM, on mumble gnunet.org))
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:17:00 +0100

Hi there,

To be honest, more useful than booth presence, what I'd personally like to see would be a presentation regarding gnunet, and, FYI, the CFP to theĀ  decentralized internet & privacy devroom has just been published: https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2019q4/002903.html .

As for materials and presence in a booth, there has been GNU materials on the FSFE booth (I think there's where I got a couple of gnunet stickers in the past), and I think they'd welcome both gnunet stuff (stickers, flyers, whatever) and people.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019, 13:26 <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden transcribed 2.9K bytes:
> Marcos Marado transcribed 3.6K bytes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 10:22 AM sva <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [...]
> > * FOSDEM - probably doesn't need any introduction, I'm actually surprised
> > year after year that I don't see anything GNUnet happening there :-) Not
> > only there's a distributed systems track where presentations regarding
> > GNUnet would no doubt fit in, but they also have a track specific to BoF
> > meetings (which can also include hacking sessions).

FOSDEM is big. As in, its as crowded as c3 when you take the size of the
area it is taking place in. I could not imagine having a good meeting
there. However, if it makes sense, I could imagine having a shared
projects booth there (secushare, GNUnet, Taler, reclaim:ID, more ?), for
which you need more than 1 person. I have 0 experience in doing this, but
have some connections to people who have done this before. I might be there
for NetBSD if I decide to etc (until then my dev assignment should be done).

I could however imagine doing this split-time, half for NetBSD, half for
whatever projects gets to sign-up our hypothetical booth.

Does this make sense? Should we try it? We have about 7 months or so to
improve the material we have out there and the processes involved to
onboard people. A booth could be a waste of time, but it could also be
a worth exploring if it attracts people who want to work on / with the
represented projects.

What do you think?