[GNUnet-developers] GNS: Dissemination updates / Call for designs

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GNS: Dissemination updates / Call for designs
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 11:13:21 +0200

Hi,

as already discussed a bit in IRC, we are planning to increase the
visibility and accessibility of GNS in general and on gnunet.org in
particular. In this regard, we have some great news later, which I will
put into a separate news entry.

# GNS dissemination and dedicated website

At the moment, the primary link to GNS on gnunet.org points to the user
manual. This is suboptimal as it does not give a quick overview over
what it is and does but is already quite technical.

Hence, I am currently working on a dedicated page for GNS. Eventually,
it will become something similar to taler.net or reclaim-identity.io.
Maybe as "gns.gnunet.org".

This is still very much a work in progress am might take some time but I
want to have a rough version online by the release of 0.11.7, which will
be soonish.

# Call for Designs / GNS logo+icon

As part of this website, it would be great to also think about GNS
"branding". This is why I would like to open a "Call for Designs" for a
GNS logo / icon. Similar to how other name systems have their (more or
less) recognizable logos (DNS, Namecoin etc), GNS could use one, too.

If you are capable/willing of producing such a design, please help us!
We already updated our GNUnet icon with a great design from the community.

BR

Martin