Re: [GNUnet-developers] 36c3

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] 36c3
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:35:26 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 2.7K bytes:
> On 10/25/19 9:42 AM, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> > Am 22.10.19 um 15:06 schrieb Christian Grothoff:
> >> Well, moving the meeting would require a change to the Satzung
> >
> > I disagree: The Satzung allows meeting outside the congress.
> >
> > Die Satzung says: "Die MV soll möglichst jedes Jahr beim Chaos Communication
> > Congress zusammentreten"
> >
> > This means
> >
> > a) "beim" ("near"), not "auf" ("on") and not "innerhalb" ("within"),
> > thus there is no requirement to have the assembly *inside* the congress.
>
> Indeed, that was intended. And if there is any member in the city
> without a ticket who wants to participate, we should of course simply
> hold it outside.

For me it would be easier to just travel for the meeting than
for the congress. At least that was part of the motivation for
the initial reply. However it'll still be a 8 - 12 hours travel
by train so I'd have to decide soon if I want this so that we
could see if it would be possible to have a meeting somewhere
in Leipzig (I don't know Leipzig well enough anymore to know
if this is possible).