Re: Rewriting (part of) gnunet in another programming language (Was: Re:

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Rewriting (part of) gnunet in another programming language (Was: Re: Debian 10 build warnings, wiki enhancements, Questions)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 09:26:23 +0000

I want to be excited about Rust or any more popular new
language but as a package manager through various projects
I have encountered problems which the language package managers
(the ones we would have to rely on) do not solve; the languages
itself do not address and some packaging related problems which
make dealing with all of this as an understatement: problematic.

If we ever intend to switch, I would like to carefully (ie maybe
moderated, (not public?,) to avoid bikeshed and a infinite loop
of language X is better than language Y opinions) discuss it.

I am not against Rust, or Go. The perspective of an application
developer is (usually) focused on other parts than the perspective
of someone who distributes and builds applications in a multi-OS
environment with more than one hardware.

Cheers,
ng0