[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Problems with gnunet-qr

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Problems with gnunet-qr
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 22:19:48 +0100
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/26.3 (gnu/linux)


Due to the fact that I don't have a device that can work with gnunet-qr,
I decided to hack it in an attempt to add support for PNG files.  The
attempt was mostly successful, but I met some issues that made the
program generate errors.

The first error isn't particularily serious, but I thought I'd report it
anyway: short options don't work, i.e. using "-d" rather than "--device"
says that "-d" is not a recognized option.  The issue seems to be caused
by the '\0' in the "--verbose" option definition; changing it to 'V'
fixed the issue.  Maybe the getopt library should guard against '\0'?

The next problem happens after the QR code is processed, when the
program tries to start the program associated with the URI.  In the
`gnunet_uri' function, the `sigpipe' global variable is used, but
gnunet-qr never sets a non-NULL variable to it, meaning that the
function making use of the variable ends up with a segmentation fault.
I can't really figure out how this would be fixed, because I'm not
practical with file handling using libgnunetutil and I don't know what
the program tries to accomplish here.

Lastly, still in `gnunet_uri', adding a GNS URI fails without giving a
reason why.  I can't tell if it's because the interface with
gnunet-namestore changed or something else, all it says is that adding
the URI failed.

The QR code with the GNS URI was created using gnunet-bcd, then the QR
code was "exported" into a PNG file (I took a screenshot of the QR code
with scrot) which was then used by gnunet-qr.

Since I'm already working on it I can probably try to fix these issues,
but I'd like to request some guidance especially for the last two (the
first isn't really an issue...).


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]