gnunet and digital contact tracing apps for COVID-19

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: gnunet and digital contact tracing apps for COVID-19
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:52:41 +0200

Dear developers,

as you already know for sure, in this crisis threre is a pile of
projects [1] aimed at developing privacy and anonimity tools to help
clinical contact tracing [2] to contrast the spread of the epidemy.

One I'm looking at more deeply is PEPP-PT: Pan-European Privacy
Preserving Proximity Tracing [3] and I think the issues [4] and this
interesting analysys by Enrico Nardelli [5] tells a lot about the
current situation for all this class of projects.

I think this sort of things are at risk to become digital solutionism,
but I also think that gnunet and secushare.org *could* be a strong
background to consider to _not_ repeat the same technical errors *and*
discussions again, and again... and again :-(

Please is there any of the developers in this list that is in some way
involved in the analisys and/or development of this kind of applications
possibly reusing the vast bibliography and the feew tools already
available?

Have some of the developers been contacted for consultancy in one of
this projects?

Thanks! Giovanni.

[1] one list: https://github.com/shankari/covid-19-tracing-projects

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_tracing