Re: Request for comments on alpine package files

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Request for comments on alpine package files
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:45:20 +0200

Hi xrs,

I'm wondering about:

  To setup GNUnet user services for a regular user:
  > sudo gnunet-user-setup.sh -u USER

  To start GNUnet user services for 'USER':
  > sudo rc-service gnunet-USER-services start

Can't the gnunet-user-setup.sh script make it so that the user services
are auto-started whenever the user is logged in (especially/at least for
X logins)?  Having to manually start the user services after each login
sounds unnecessarily painful ;-).

Also, I see no integration with libc's NSS (/etc/nsswitch.conf). Am I
overlooking something? If not, was it simply not done or would it be
against Alpine policy?

happy hacking!

Christian