Re: Is there a reason why GNUnet forcefully sends a message of type 6?

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: Is there a reason why GNUnet forcefully sends a message of type 6?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 00:48:00 +0200

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alessio,
>
> I'm pretty sure that we don't actually ever send the REQUEST_AGPL
> messages to services. So if you got one, that suggests that either your
> transmission was somehow wrong (i.e. wrong length, maybe
> big-endian/little-endian issue?) or you have some memory corruption in
> your service. At least I would be very surprised if it was actually
> related to "someone" really sending you a REQUEST_AGPL...
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Christian

Thank you.  It's better than nothing I suppose; at least I'm not left
here scratching my head, as I can look into those places you suggested.
Anyway, if possible I'd still like to know why `GNUNET_SERVICE_start'
adds a handler for that type of message. It's convenient for the core
which might actually use those messages, but unless there is another
reason you might want to add it from a function not used to deal with
third-party applications too.  I mean, it's still adding a handler for
message type 6 which might be an application-specific message type...

Thanks,
A.V.