EGO subsystem inconsistency

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: EGO subsystem inconsistency
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 17:20:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently working on a library to make it easier for others to
create messengers using CADET and being compatible with each other
(proving direct chats, server-client-groupchats and decentralized
group-chats).

Now I'm integrating EGO keys for authentication via signatures of
messages and verification but the API in C seems a little inconsistent.

For example:

GNUNET_IDENTITY_ego_get_anonymous() returns a const struct pointer
and
GNUNET_IDENTITY_ego_get_private_key(ego) expects a const struct pointer
for ego

but

GNUNET_IDENTITY_ego_get_public_key(ego, &pub_key) expects a struct
pointer for ego (so it is not possible to retrieve the public key from
the anonymous default key formally).

I still found a solution
using GNUNET_CRYPTO_ecdsa_key_get_public(priv_key, &pub_key) but it's
definitely weird that some methods which I wouldn't expect to use any
write accesses require non-const pointer.

Maybe this can be patched soon. I would assume, it shouldn't require
any major changes.

Happy hacking
Jacki