Re: Re: Re: Open questions regarding new messenger and secushare and org

From: hyazinthe
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Open questions regarding new messenger and secushare and organization Was: Make GNUnet Great Again
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 22:51:21 +0100

Hello,

well, there we go, great starting point... *inspecting & pondering*
additionally considering Carlo's and t3sserakt's last postings, it looks to me
like best probably really would be if now GNUnet people and secushare people
together focus on roadmap point "TNG: Transport rewrite" - apparently this is
the one remaining main issue hindering sustainable secushare development,
additionally it's the next to be done point in the list, anyway, and already in
active development. So, we're almost there; it's not a distant, elusive,
uncertain thing in the far future. And the more developers gather their
activities around this point, the faster this decisive box gets ticked.
Of course, developing secushare on application level would be much more fun for
you, secushare people, but consider: You need some kind of base, of fundament,
of infrastructure, on which you build secushare upon. And if there wasn't
something like TNG Transport, Core or CADET, then you had to do it from scratch
for yourself, anyway. So, consider these things as part of secushare and a
valuable head start saving you effort.

@ t3sserakt:
I'm a regular, still reader of the meeting protocols. My limited ressources
only allow me to do irregular, small contributions to GNUnet. Things like this
mediating e-mail, for example.

Happy hacking,
Bastian Schmidt