Anyone working on testbed barriers?

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Anyone working on testbed barriers?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:18:28 +0100

Hi,

today I got my parts of my messenger testcase running with multiple
peers but I encountered a problem with the barriers. The
GNUNET_TESTBED_barrier_wait() call checks if it gets called from inside
of a testbed by checking enviroment variables which do net get set
automatically when you start a testbed via GNUNET_TESTBED_test_run().

I figured out how to quickfix this by saving the old value of the
specific environment variable ( "GNUNET_TESTBED_CONTROLLER_CONFIG" )
before starting the testbed and resetting it to its original value
after ending the testbed. But I'm not sure if this should be solved
like this. Other testbed functions do not use this environment variable
and some of them even use the default configuration.

Should this be fixed differently? Otherwise I would prepare a commit to
master with my solution.

There is also another problem with the barriers now. After calling
GNUNET_TESTBED_barrier_wait() I get a segfault. I can probably look
into that to fix it but maybe someone else has more insight what could
be wrong. Has anyone used testbed barriers before? ^^'

Happy hacking
Jacki