Re: Patches from proofreading gnunet-www

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Patches from proofreading gnunet-www
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 14:00:56 +0200

On 4/14/21 10:22 AM, William Liquorice wrote:

> One issue that I have found myself unable to solve is the FAQ about
> distributed ledger technologies, because the question only sort-of makes
> sense for the given answer. Seems like the question is asking about
> whether, but the answer seems to focus more on using distributed ledgers
> in GNUnet. Should I open an issue on the bug tracker for it?

Hmm. What do people think about a more radical formulation, like instead
of:

Is GNUnet build using distributed ledger technologies?

A: No. GNUnet is a new network protocol stack for building secure,
distributed, and privacy-preserving applications. While a ledger could
be built using GNUnet, we currently have no plans in doing so.
<<<<

we could write

Is GNUnet build using distributed ledger technologies?

A: No. GNUnet is a new network protocol stack for building secure,
distributed, and privacy-preserving applications. While a ledger could
be built using GNUnet, we currently see no utility from doing so.
<<<<

WDYT? Is that better / clearer?

-Christian